Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brush Storage What Is The Best Way To Remove Lint From The Surface Of An Old Oil Painting?

What is the best way to remove lint from the surface of an old oil painting? - brush storage

I just painted a canvas (in 5 years +) storage and hanging in my new home, but warned that the whole situation is covered in lint. I have tried to paint carefully with a clean brush to brush too big, but no fluff-out. I was thinking with duct tape to try to remove the paint in order to raise the nap, but I'm afraid to hurt the paint. What should I do?

1 comments:

tempsmar... said...

Use the first vacuum to remove dust - particles in suspension.
Wipe with a damp cloth.
) After drying, a layer of linseed oil (in a circular motion, this layer to give a new impulse to painting.

Post a Comment